Officer Primary School welcomes you to visit our school and take a tour of our classrooms and facilities. A school tour is an excellent opportunity for us to discuss how we can best meet the needs of your child.
Please contact our friendly office staff to arrange a tour. Bookings are essential.
ENROLLING YOUR CHILD
Enrolling your child at Officer Primary School can be completed in a few simple steps.
1. Ensure your child will be 5 years of age before the 30th April, 2021.
2. Call and book in for a personalised tour of our school’s facilities.
3. Collect or request an enrollment information pack for 2021 at the administration office.
4. Return enrollment form to our office including:
· Birth Certificate or Passport showing your child’s name and date of birth.
· Your child’s current immunisation certificate.
5. Signatures of both parents on enrollment forms
We are proud to provide a comprehensive Transition Program to assist our youngest students gain an understanding of school life as they make connections and build positive attitudes toward their schooling. Our Transition Program is designed to assist your child in becoming familiar with the Officer Primary School environment, meet our staff and make new friends, while reassuring both you and your child that our learning environment is safe, supportive and friendly.
Our school zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au. findmyschool.vic.gov.au hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2020 on wards.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
Due to COVID restrictions Prep Transition will look a little different this year. Students are permitted to attend transition onsite in groups of no larger than 10.