Officer Primary School is committed to providing a safe, supportive and inclusive environment for all students, staff and members of our community. Our school recognises the importance of the partnership between our school and parents and carers to support student learning, engagement and wellbeing. We share a commitment to, and a responsibility for, creating an inclusive and safe school environment for our students.
At Officer Primary School we promote the philosophy that all children can learn and become effective learners. As a learning community, made up of parents, staff and students, we hold high expectations of self and others.
Our purpose is to equip the learning environment with the best human and physical resources so that our students are supported to:
· Achieve their full educational and personal potential
· Strive for excellence
· Participate in innovative teaching and learning experiences
· Develop independence and resilience
· Become effective and productive members of a global society
At Officer Primary School we strongly believe that the entire School Community shares responsibility for the learning and development, health, safety, and wellbeing of our students. We place great importance on building authentic relationships with parents and caregivers, to promote high levels of involvement in the development and learning of their children.
We set high expectations for our community and expect all members (parents, students and staff) to demonstrate these core values which are directly aligned with the values of the You Can Do It Program:
· Persistence – trying hard to do your best, even when things are difficult
· Resilience – dealing with adversity or disappointment without being discouraged
· Organisation – having the materials required and an attitude or readiness to participate
· Confidence – having self-belief and a willingness to have a go
· Getting Along – demonstrating respect, tolerance of differences, working together and helping one and other