Enrolling your child  at Officer Primary School can be completed in a few simple steps.

Information on how to find, enrol, and start a child in your care at a school in Victoria is available on the Victorian government website.

To enrol your child at our school:

  1. Complete our enrolment expression of interest and populate all the required fields displayed. This can be collected from our main office.
  2. We will assess eligibility to attend based on our school zone and the Department’s Placement Policy (see the School zones section below for more information)
  3. Attend the school tour where / If you are eligible for enrolment and we will provide an enrolment pack (including enrolment form)
  4. Submit the Enrolment form and additional required documents (outlined below)

Required documents

Required documentation includes:

You will also be required to provide information about:

  • your contact details

  • emergency contact details

  • health information about your child (such as allergies or illnesses they need to manage)

  • other legal orders relating to your child and their welfare (if any)

Prep Transition Program

We are proud to provide a comprehensive Transition Program to assist our youngest students gain an understanding of school life as they make connections and build positive attitudes toward their schooling. Our Transition Program is designed to assist your child in becoming familiar with the Officer Primary School environment, meet our staff and make new friends, while reassuring both you and your child that our learning environment is safe, supportive and friendly.​

Our school zone

Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.

Students residing in our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.

The Department provides guidance through the Enrolment: Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.

You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.

Parent payments

Under the Department of Education and Training’s Parent Payments Policy, Victorian government schools are required to provide transparent information to their school community on voluntary parent/carer contributions.

The following documents outline the voluntary parent/carer contributions at our school:

  • Please contact the school for a copy of our parent/carer contributions.